Monday, October 29, 2007

Horseback Riding in Kinarut, Sabah.

Oh my gosh!!! They have a website!! What am I all excited about? Well, next month I'll be back in Kota Kinabalu for about two weeks and I'm planning what hubby and I should do there. One of my plan is horseback riding with hubby since he also knows really well on how to ride a horse.


So I was googling horse stables in Kota Kinabalu, I found the Kindawan Riding Centre. Yes, there might not be an equestrian club as big as Bukit Kiara in Kota Kinabalu but there are stables to learn horse riding. I was surprised my instructor was still teaching. She's such a lovely lady and whom ever is interested in learning horse back riding should send their kids to her.

I noticed the price has gone up since the last time I was there which was ages ago when I was still in high school. Duh! Of course.

These are the rides that they offer and the prices in MYR. When I was a student there, all the rides were free when there were tourists and I had to tag along after my class. It was such a great experience but too bad there aren't any pictures of it... none at all.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What's funny is that I told hubby that I usually go for great horse back riding adventures around Kinarut with my teacher and foreign tourists almost every week, he was green with envy cause in Bukit Kiara you don't get to do that stuff. nyehehehehe :P. I like the forest and the beach rides. But I think all the rides are fun.

I think my riding skills are pretty rusty since I stopped in high school. I could only get the horse to a canter and gallop is out of the question. Although hubby is far more a better horse rider than I am cause he took those horse riding exams and horse jumping classes. As for me, I just learned how to ride horses and put on the horse saddle(which I think I already forgot how to) and other horse stuffs.

My most horrific experience riding a horse near the beach was when a group of stray dogs scared and chased the horse that I was riding and at that time I still didn't know how to handle a cantering horse so I thank God that my instructor ran beside me as fast as she could and pulled the stirrups...."Whoaaa!!!! Easy does it..." That was the time when I felt really helpless and couldn't do anything. Seriously, it's scary!!

I really hope we can go horse riding this year. I really miss riding on stinky horses. As in an affectionate stinky haha.

[Images via Kindawan Riding Centre]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog. You help me with searching for an equesterian place in KK. Peace, borneo guy . Cheers :)

horseridesnetus said...

Horseback riding lessons are a great way to connect with nature. Once you are used to riding a horse, you'll find it quite exhilarating and even relaxing. You'll experience special bond between yourself and the horse that your ancestors enjoyed for thousands of years.

Horseback riding Bryce Canyon